Are you looking for the best longboarding slide wheels? If so, you’ve come to the right place. In this post, we’ll take a look at some of the top slide wheels on the market and give you our thoughts on which ones are best for your needs.
So whether you’re just getting started with longboarding or you’re a seasoned pro, read on to find out more about what slide wheels can do for your ride. Here we will break down the best options for each type of slider. As always, be sure to test out different options before settling on a set of wheels!
Top 7 Best Longboarding Slide Wheels Reviews
1. MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels
MBS All-Terrain Longboard
- 100mm x 65mm all-terrain longboard wheels are cast with 78A super-high-rebound urethane for a perfect balance between speed and traction
- 190mm Navigator Drones trucks guarantee precision turning
- Sturdy maple-lam Drop deck keeps your center of gravity low for pushing and off-roading
- Rubber shielded ABEC 9 bearings
- Comes completely assembled
Check out the new all-terrain longboard wheels! These wheels have a cast with 78a super-high-rebound urethane, giving you unparalleled speed and grip. Whether you’re tearing it up at the skatepark or bombing a hill, these wheels will help you stay in control and leave the competition in the dust.
MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels are just what you need! These wheels let you take your boarding off the pavement and onto unpaved paths and trails. Their tough construction and wide tread can handle anything you throw at them. So grab a MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels set and explore the world on two wheels!
With MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels, you can explore more of your surroundings. Transform your ordinary longboard into an off-road machine that can handle any terrain! Whether cruising down the sidewalk or carving through some hard-packed dirt, these versatile wheels will let you take on anything.
These sick all-terrain longboard wheels from MBS are perfect for conquering any terrain. So whether you’re shredding the skatepark, bombing a hill, or cruising down a dirt path, these bad boys will get you there in style. With their super high rebound 100mm tread, you’ll have amazing control and stability no matter what surface you’re skating on.
Add a set of MBS All-Terrain Longboard Wheels to your board today and explore a whole new skating world! These wheels are for anyone who wants to shred some trails, no matter their experience level. 78A urethane makes them fast and gives them a great rebound, perfect for rolling over any terrain.
2. Bigfoot Longboard Wheels 76mm 80A SHR Mountain Cruisers
Bigfoot Longboard Wheels 76mm 80A SHR Mountain Cruisers Translucent Green
- Measures 76mm x 53mm with a 80A SHR hardness
- The 80A Super High Rebound (SHR) hardness provides a good grip and stability at high speeds
- The offset core allows the wheels to be able to grip through turns and corners, while providing predictable, controlled slide characteristics
- The Mountain Cruiser is designed for the riders looking to go fast (slalom, downhill)
- 76mm wheels are on the larger end of the spectrum making it easier to maintain top speeds
If you’re looking for a longboard wheel that can help you cruise over any terrain with ease, then look no further than the Bigfoot Longboard Wheels! These Bigfoot Longboard Wheels are perfect for anyone looking for stability and grip at high speeds. In addition, the 80A Super High Rebound (SHR) hardness creates a good grip and stability, making these wheels perfect for mountain cruisers.
Bigfoot Longboard Wheels are the perfect choice for riders looking to take their Mountain Cruising to the next level. The offset core allows the wheels to grip through turns and corners while providing predictable, controlled slide characteristics. So whether you’re slalom racing down a hill or taking on a tight corner, Bigfoot’s Mountain Cruiser Wheels will help get you there in style.
These longboard wheels are the perfect choice for anyone looking to quickly and safely speed downhills. The Mountain Cruiser’s large 76mm wheels provide plenty of stability and grip, while its 80A durometer rating ensures a smooth, comfortable ride.
The large size makes them perfect for riders looking to cover more ground quickly. So if you’re ready to take your longboarding skills to the next level, pick up a set of Mountain Cruisers and feel the wind in your hair!
Ride like the big man himself with Bigfoot Longboard Wheels. These tough, wheels are offset for a smooth ride. The offset core allows the wheels to grip through turns and corners while providing predictable, controlled slide characteristics. These Bigfoot Longboard Wheels are perfect for anyone looking to quickly and safely speed downhills.
3. Cloud Ride Wheels Cruiser 69mm 78A Urethane Longboard Wheel Set
Cloud Ride! Wheels Cruiser 69mm 78A Longboard Wheels, Clear Turquoise
$27.89 in stock
- Our Cruiser Wheels were designed to be ideal for carving & cruising but also one heck of a freeride wheel! They measure 69mm in diameter, 78a in hardness & are sold in a set of 4 wheels. The high rebound urethane is well-suited to any type of riding.
- The square-lipped design grips when you need it but can still be pushed out for a smooth slide thanks to characteristics of the urethane itself. These wheels will leave fat thane lines but are surprisingly resilient. Each set weights roughly 1.45 pounds
- These 78a wheels have great grip for cornering & easily roll over cracks, small rocks, & rough surfaces. When sliding, they offer great control, slow you down rapidly, wear quickly, & leave thane lines. Ideal for cruising, carving, freeride & downhill
- Cloud Ride pours quality urethane into every wheel they produce, manufactured to focus on durability with an amazing attention to detail. Leave your mark on the hill with some insane thane under your board & grab your next set of wheels from Cloud Ride
- BEYOND COMPARE: Cloud Ride's full line of wheels compares favorably to products from Orangatang, Sector 9, Hawgs, Powell-Peralta, Blood Orange
Cruise over any terrain with Cloud Ride Wheels Cruiser 69mm 78A Urethane Longboard Wheel Set. Whether you’re carving or cruising, these durable and responsive wheels will have you flying down the street in no time! They have a high rebound urethane that provides plenty of grip and speed. Plus, the cool cruiser shape is sure to turn heads on the streets.
Take your longboarding to the next level with Cloud Ride Wheels Cruiser 69mm 78A Urethane Longboard Wheel Set. These square-lipped wheels are perfect for cruising and grip when you need them, while the urethane itself ensures a smooth slide. Each set weighs just 1.45 pounds, so they’re easy to take on the go.
These 78a urethane wheels are perfect for carving and cruising on your longboard. They offer superb control when sliding with a great grip and rapid rolling over rough surfaces. With a great grip for cornering and a quick roll, these wheels are perfect for cruising, carving, freeride, and downhill longboarding. When sliding, they offer great control and slow you down rapidly.
Cloud Ride Wheels Cruiser 69mm 78A Urethane Longboard Wheel Set leaves your mark on the hill with some insane thane under your board. This Cloud Ride product is manufactured to focus on durability with amazing attention to detail, ensuring you’ll be able to ride these wheels for a long time.
The soft 78A urethane provides a smooth, controlled ride while the 69mm size is great for tight turns and quick maneuvers. These Wheels provide an amazingly smooth and predictable ride, whether bombing hills or carving tight turns. With a wide variety of urethane formulas to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect Cloud Ride Wheel for your riding style.
4. Orangatang Kegel 80 mm Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels
Orangatang Kegel 80 mm 80a Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels (Orange, Set of 4)
- DOWNHILL LONGBOARDING WHEELS – Designed for maximum speed and grip for downhill skateboard racing, hard carving, pumping, and long-distance pushing.
- ROLL OVER ANYTHING – With a large 80mm diameter, the Kegels roll with breakneck speed and plow over cracks, rocks, sticks, and the roughest roads.
- MAXIMUM TRACTION – Sharp, square lips provide maximum grip while still sliding smoothly when desired.
- HAPPY THANE – The original Orangatang urethane formula is smooth, plush, and grippy with a buttery-smooth slide.
- LARGE, SUPPORTIVE CORE – The fully exposed 46mm core reduces weight while providing quick acceleration and crisp slides.
Look no further than the Orangatang Kegel 80 mm Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels! These bad boys are designed for maximum speed and grip, so you can race with the best of them or just carve around town in style. Plus, they come with Loaded Jehu V2 bearings (set of 8) for extra speed and performance.
These Kegel longboard skateboard cruising wheels will take your ride to the next level. They roll with a large 80mm diameter with breakneck speed and plow over cracks, rocks, sticks, and the roughest roads. The sharp, square lips provide maximum grip while still sliding smoothly when desired.
The sharp, square lips provide maximum grip while still letting you slide smoothly when desired. These wheels feature the original Orangatang urethane formula, smooth, plush, and grippy with a buttery-smooth slide. Plus, they’re available in three different durometers, so you can find the perfect set for your needs.
If you love to carve around with speed and power, these are the perfect longboard skateboard cruising wheels. The 80mm diameter provides massive roll speed while the sharp lips provide amazing grip when carving or racing. So whether your goal is to get from point A to point B in style or with record-breaking speeds, these wheels will get you there.
These Orangatang Kegel 80 mm Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels are perfect for anyone looking to cruise down the street or take on a bit of downhill action. With their fully exposed 46mm core, these wheels provide quick acceleration and crisp slides, making them perfect for anyone looking to have some fun.
5. FREEDARE Longboard Wheels with ABEC 7 Bearings and Spacers
FREEDARE 70mm Longboard Wheels with ABEC-7 Bearings and Spacers(Black,Set of 4)
- 70mm diameter x 51mm width;83a durometer polyurethane wheels
- There comes with ABEC-7 high steel bearings and spacers, which have been installed on wheels.
- The pro longboard wheels roll pretty smooth, it's very durable for street skating as well as on skate park terrain.
- The wheels are better for PU material,it rides fast and smooth,you can go over small road pebbles with ease.
- I think you would like to dress up your skateboard,the delicate design with dot pattern enhanced your wheels all entire series interest.
Looking for a set of durable and smooth longboard wheels? Look no further than the Orangatang Kegel 80mm Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels! These bad boys measure in at 81mm diameter x 52mm width, making them perfect for downhill cruising.
The 83A polyurethane construction ensures a smooth ride, while the black cores wrapped in white PU provide a stylish look. Plus, 4pcs longboard wheels with bearings are included, so you can start riding right away! They’re made with a high-grade urethane for a softer ride, and the black cores add some style to your board.
These wheels are compatible with any electric skateboard. 81mm tall for maximum roll speed, they’re perfect for commuting, carving, long-distance pushing, pumping, and even electric longboards!
These high-quality replacement parts are made with an excellent performance formula that maximizes durability and stability, ensuring a smooth, safe ride. These 80 mm Kegel Downhill Longboard Skateboard Cruising Wheels are perfect for replacement parts or for those looking to upgrade their setup.
These wheels were designed for downhill longboarding and cruising. They offer a smooth and fast ride with minimal vibration. The large 80mm size also makes them great for speed skating and carving. The orange urethane is eye-catching and sure to turn some heads as you cruise by. Get your set today and see what all the hype is about!
6. Orangatang Fat Free 65 mm Freeride Longboard Skateboard Wheels
Orangatang Fat Free 65 mm 77aa Freeride Longboard Skateboard Wheels w/Loaded Jehu V2 Bearings (Blue, Set of 4)
- COMPACT FREERIDE WHEELS – The Fat Free is a small and lightweight freeride wheel designed to provide easy slides on smaller longboards like minis and double-kick skateboards. Includes Loaded Jehu V2 bearings with integrated spacers and speedrings.
- QUICK, LIGHT, & AGILE – 65mm diameter for quick acceleration, maneuverability, and light weight for tricks and slides.
- SMOOTH SLIDES – Rounded lips and a stone-ground contact patch ensure smooth, predictable slides right out of the box and throughout the life of the wheel.
- HAPPY THANE FORMULA — The original Orangatang urethane formula is fast, smooth, plush, and grippy. Now available in four durometers: 77a (blue), 80a (orange), 83a (purple), and 86a (yellow).
- STRONG, SUPPORTIVE CORE – The encapsulated core maintains a smooth ride and supports the lips for crisp slides and even wear.
The Fat-Free wheel is perfect for those who want to enjoy easy slides without any of the bulk. At only 65mm in diameter, this lightweight wheel is ideal for smaller longboards and double-kick skateboards.
The Fat-Free features Loaded Jehu V2 bearings with integrated spacers and speed rings and provides a smooth and fast ride. The Fat-Free will take your freeriding to the next level, whether you’re just starting out or a seasoned pro.
These Longboard Skateboard Wheels have a diameter of 65mm, making them quick and nimble for getting around town or shredding downhills. They also feature a lightweight design perfect for tricks and slides. So if you’re looking to add some speed and agility to your longboard ride, pick up a set of Orangatang Fat-Free 65 mm Freeride Longboard Skateboard Wheels!
These wheels are built for smooth, predictable sliding action – perfect for anyone just starting out or looking to save a few bucks. Plus, with their rounded lips and stone-ground contact patch, you can count on getting the most out of every slide.
These skateboard wheels have great speed and grip as the original Orangatangs but with a reduced diameter, making them perfect for lighter setups. So whether you’re bombing hills or cruising around town, these wheels will keep you rolling in style. With four durometers to choose from, you’re sure to find the perfect set of wheels for your riding style.
7. Longboard Skateboard Trucks Combo Set 70mm Bigfoot Pathfinder Wheels
Longboard Skateboard Trucks Combo Set 70mm Bigfoot Pathfinder Wheels with Silver Trucks, Bearings, and Hardware Package (70mm Blue Wheels, 7.0 (9.63") Silver Trucks)
- This “just add wood” package contains everything you need to complete or upgrade a deck. Includes Trucks, Wheels, Bearings, Hardware, and Risers. Just add wood!
- Bigfoot Pathfinders measure 70mm x 45mm with 80A SHR hardness. The 80A Super High Rebound (SHR) hardness provides a good amount of slide-ability while retaining grip and roll characteristics
- The Pathfinder is designed to break free and provide icy smooth slides with little-to-no break in period. The pathfinders rounded edges and stone ground finish make a wheel that provides predictable slides right out of the box
- Core trucks are light weight and feature heavy duty aluminum with grade 8 steel kingpins and axles, as well as USA made bushings and pivot cups.
Upgrade your deck with this complete truck and wheelset! It includes everything you need to get rolling, from sturdy trucks to fast Bigfoot Pathfinder wheels. This combo set includes all the components you need to complete or upgrade your deck Trucks, Wheels, Bearings, Hardware, and Risers. Plus, it comes with Bigfoot Pathfinder 70mm Wheels perfect for cruising and carving.
These Pathfinder Longboard Skateboard Trucks Combo Set 70mm Bigfoot Pathfinder Wheels are perfect for anyone looking to up their longboarding game. With their durable construction and SHR 80A hardness, these wheels provide a smooth, grippy ride for cruising around town or bombing hills.
The Pathfinder Longboard Skateboard Truck Combo Set provides a smooth ride thanks to the 70mm Bigfoot Pathfinder Wheels. The stone-ground finish and rounded edges on the Pathfinder Wheels make for a predictable slide right out of the box, while the 7″ aluminum trucks ensure a stable ride. With their rounded edges and stone-ground finish, you’ll be ready to rule the streets right out of the box!
These trucks skateboard wheels are perfect for downhill longboarding, cruising, carving, and freestyle tricks. The Bigfoot Pathfinder wheels are 70mm in diameter with a center groove and a stone-ground finish that makes them super slick and fast. This Core Trucks Combo Set 70mm Bigfoot Pathfinder Wheels will help you turn and maneuver easily, while the durable construction ensures a smooth ride.
These wheels are perfect for those who want to upgrade their board or for those just starting. With Abec 7 bearings and durable construction, these trucks will have you cruising in style. The Pathfinder wheels are big and soft, perfect for downhill skating. So get your combo set today and be on your way to a better ride!
Things to Know When Choosing Best Longboarding Slide Wheels
There are several things you need to know about longboarding wheels, so let’s start with them.
1. Wheel Size
The first thing you need to consider is the size of your wheels. The larger, the easier it will be to gain speed and the higher you will get on top of the board with each turn. This can be helpful when trying to do some 360 slides or just carving quickly on a slalom run being faster than the others.
However, if you are a beginner and you don’t want to get hurt any time soon, then size does matter when it comes to the safety of your body. The best solution for this problem is getting smaller wheels (around 70 – 75 mm).
2. Wheel Durometer
The durometer of the wheel largely determines how comfortable you will be when sliding and whether or not your slides will hook up. Durometer is measured on a scale from 0 to 100, where the higher the number, the harder the wheel. So the best thing for a first-timer would be getting a soft set of wheels.
3. Wheel Hardness
The hardness of the wheel decides how long you can slide for. The longer you will be able to slide, almost certainly means that you have more control over your board and the stability is greater. If you plan on doing some freestyle slalom riding or just carving for fun, then getting a set of hard wheels would suit you much better.
The wheel hardness mostly depends on the durometer of the wheel. Usually, if you have a set of soft/medium wheels, they will already be harder than an average wheel with the same durometer.
4. Wheel Shape
The shape of the wheel is what will determine which slide you perform. There are multiple shapes on the market right now, but the most popular are square lips, and R-shaped lips. Square Lips are pretty much your standard wheels when it comes to sliding.
They are stable enough to keep you hooked up on a turn or on top of your board when you’re doing some freestyle slalom riding. These are good for average riders who just want to have fun or maybe get into slalom riding.
R-shaped wheels, on the other hand, are usually used by more experienced riders because they offer much longer slides and better cornering capabilities That is because the shape of the lips in these wheels is in a shape of an ‘R’ which helps them keep their speed in corners and hook up with ease.
Although durability is not the first thing that you might consider when buying a wheel, it is definitely something very important You want to be sure that you buy a durable set of wheels, since they will usually last at least a year if you take care of them properly Durability also depends on why and how often you are going to ride your board.
6. Wheel Formula
The wheel formula also has a big impact on how your board will ride. There are basically two different formulas: Freeride and Race/Slalom. Race formulas are the best solution for you when you want to ride faster and jump off ramps. However, freeride formulas don’t have as much grip as race formulas, but they offer more stability and control.
In the end, it is up to you which formula you choose. If you think that freeride is better for you and your board, go ahead and shop specifically for freeride wheels. It’s all about what you like the most and not the other way around.
7. Wheel Core
The wheel’s core plays a significant role in how the wheel will feel to you when riding. Most wheels have an aluminum core, making them very light and shiny. They are best for people who want to be faster with their setups or want to ride mainly for fun.
If you plan on going fast and maybe even doing some tricks with your board, you should go for a harder wheel or a plastic core. Plastic cores are usually very durable and offer the best grip, which will give you more control of your board.
You Can Check It Out to Wheels for Powersliding
Tips and Common Mistakes to Avoid
1. Don’t Overlook Quality for Price
People can be lured into skimping out on the quality of their wheels because they’re looking to save money. This works in many ways; you’ll probably spend more money when your wheels break down faster than usual, need to be replaced again sooner rather than later, etc. On top of that, some boards may perform better with certain types of wheels.
2. Don’t Be Afraid to Be Picky
It’s good to know exactly what you want. There are many different brands and rumors about which ones are the best in terms of sliding, grip, etc. While they are often discussed, almost no one is knowledgeable enough to provide specific answers. So my advice is always to go for quality over quantity.
3. Don’t Forget the Basics
Not all wheels are created equal. So many different factors contribute to how a wheel slides/feels on the road. Some of these factors are:
- Wheel Shape/Width -Durometer
- Contact Patch
- Surface Area
So if you’re looking to have a sliding experience, aim for either wheel made with the slide in mind or ones that have good reviews.
How to Powerslide on a Longboard?
A longboard is made for sliding to shred the surface with slides, but not every combination of components works well. Sliding can be done on any deck if you have enough traction, unlike downhill skating, where it’s important to have a good deck for this specific style.
First, you need to have a board with a wide enough base. If you are riding on a slippery surface or not carving much, your trucks need to be tight so the deck doesn’t become unstable. On the other hand, if you are skating more downhill oriented and hitting bigger speed on slalom sections of the road, wider trucks will increase the board’s stability for your comfort.
How to Learn to Control Hard Wheels?
Hard wheels are the opposite of soft longboard wheels that let you slide and pump your board like a champ. If you plan on learning how to control and pump your board, then start with these best longboarding slide wheels These will allow you to perform stand-up slides and learn how to turn sharply without ending up in a ditch.
To slide, go into a turn at medium to fast speeds. Then, lean your weight back in the flats or while climbing a hill. Make sure you are leaning enough to where your wheels touch the ground in the turns without catching an edge and wiping out. If you have issues with wheel bite when in the flats, make sure your trucks are angled high enough to prevent the wheels from touching.
So, if you are looking for the best longboarding slide wheels, we recommend FREEDARE Longboard Wheels with ABEC 7 Bearings and Spacers. These wheels provide a smooth ride while still providing plenty of grips to help you make those tight turns. With bearings that spin smoothly and spacers that keep everything in place, these wheels will have you sliding like a pro in no time!
They also come pre-lubricated with high-quality bearings that will keep you spinning smoothly all day long. If you’re looking for the best slide wheels on the market, look no further than FREEDARE. We hope this blog post has helped guide you in choosing the best longboarding slide wheels. Let us know what you think in the comments section, or email your questions.